The DR-170 DashCam is a compact high definition DVR system and is part of our RecordCam™ series of Mobile DVR systems. It is designed to be mounted on the windshield of the vehicle and has a built-in 120° CMOS camera. The system records in HD 1080P and the recordings are stored on a Micro SD card (32GM max) which can be retrieved from the system or the unit itself to view the video files. The unit can have the time and date programmed into it and will display the time and date of each recording. The system also has a built-in 1.5″ color LCD screen for on-site playback of the recordings and a built-in microphone for audio recording.
The DR-170 will automatically start recording as soon as the ignition turns on and will continuously record until the ignition is turned off. The system also has manual recording mode which when activated will keep the system recording until you press the recording button again to shut it off. The recordings are split up into individual files and stored on the SD card. The system has it’s own built-in 1.5″ LCD monitor for on-site playback. You can remove the SD card and view the files from you computer at home or plug into your computer using the USB 2.0 connection. The DR-170 also has a built-in HDMI output for high definition hook-up to an external LCD monitor.
The built-in G-Sensor will force the unit to start recording if it picks-up sudden acceleration, hard braking or sudden movement from a collision. These recordings are stored on the SD card and locked automatically by the unit so that they cannot be over written by continuous ignition or manual recorded files. These files can only be deleted by physically removing the SD card and deleting them from your computer.
For surveillance when you are away from the vehicle, the DR-170 has a built-in motion sensor which will take individual photos when the cameras detect movement. The images are also stored on the SD card in JPEG format and are also locked by the unit with override protection. These images cannot be deleted unless the SD card is removed and plugged deleted from a computer. The motion sensor will provide the around-the-clock surveillance you need to catch anyone trying to vandalize or break into your vehicle.
- Provides around-the-clock video surveillance recording of your vehicle
- Built-in 120° CMOS camera
- High definition video resolution: 1080P / 30fps
- HDMI connection
- USB 2.0 connection to computer
- Built-in 1.5″ LCD monitor for on-site playback
- Automatic recording with ignition on
- Manual on/off recording
- Built-in G-Sensor for automatic recording in case of car accident
- Built-in motion sensor for surveillance recording (Takes individual images when activated
- SD card can be removed to view recordings on computer
- Seamless loop recording
- On-board noise canceling microphone for audio recording
- On-board Lithium Ion back-up battery
- Records time and date of event and displays it on video file
- Support NTSC or PAL TV formats
For more information about the DR-170 DashCam, please fill out this form or contact us at: 905-576-0030